[dinosaur] Supersaurus + titanosaur osteoderms + T. rex + Dinofest 2019 videos

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Some recent items:

Supersaurus, Ultrasaurus and Dystylosaurus in 2019, part 2: what we found in Utah

https://svpow.com/2019/06/15/supersaurus-ultrasaurus-and-dystylosaurus-in-2019-part-2-what-we-found-in-utah/

=====

Titanosaur osteoderms: functions and conclusions

https://equatorialminnesota.blogspot.com/2019/06/titanosaur-osteoderms-part-4-functions-conclusions.htmlÂ

====

T. rex had an amazing sense of smell, gene study suggests

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2019/06/t-rex-had-amazing-sense-of-small-genes-reveal-dinosaurs-olfaction/ÂÂ

====

What Fossilized Scat Shows About T. rex Bite

https://www.amnh.org/explore/news-blogs/on-exhibit-posts/fossilized-scat-t-rex-bite

====

The Bone Wars: A Real Life Battle For Bones

http://blog.hmns.org/2019/06/the-bone-wars-a-real-life-battle-for-bones/

=====
=====

Videos:

Mummified dinosaur arm is cleaned in fossil preparation laboratory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mV9rdUz2po

=====

Not yet mentioned...

Natural History Museum of Utah Dinofest 2019

https://www.youtube.com/user/Trailhead2Utah/videos

Videos of the talks from January 26 & 27, 2019

(Unfortunately, the government shutdown prevented Hans-Dieter Sues and Bill Parker from appearing as scheduled...)

https://nhmu.utah.edu/events/dinofest-2019ÂÂ

****

Sterling Nesbitt
Becoming a Dinosaur: New Fossils of Dinosaur Relatives Reshapes our Ideas of How We Identify Dinosaurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bvsItcZukk

https://nhmu.utah.edu/dinofest-2019-speaker-sterling-nesbitt

****
Kenneth Angielczyk
Incumbency, Extinction, and the Rise of Dinosaurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpODpnKvwkw

https://nhmu.utah.edu/dinofest-2019-speaker-kenneth-angielcyzk

****

Sarah Werning
Telling the Life Stories of the Earliest Dinosaurs (and their Friends)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhmBw1Es64

https://nhmu.utah.edu/dinofest-2019-speaker-sarah-werning

****

Kathleen Ritterbush
Floating Fortresses of the Jurassic Seas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dd8S3DH33s

https://nhmu.utah.edu/dinofest-2019-speaker-kathleen-ritterbush

****
Jessica Whiteside
Climate Catastrophe at Dawn of Age of Dinosaurs: Insights from Ancient Molecular Clues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F96pvn8x4qI

https://nhmu.utah.edu/events/dinofest-keynote-speaker-sunday

****

Nathan Smith
Dinosaurs on Ice: Evolutionary Morphology and Biogeography of Early Jurassic Dinosaurs from Antarctica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBny_CEn_cc

https://nhmu.utah.edu/dinofest-2019-speaker-nathan-smith

****

Celina Suarez
Volcanoes, the End-Triassic Extinction, and the Diversification of Dinosaurs: A Utah Prospective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q7hMyvV0Ho

https://nhmu.utah.edu/dinofest-2019-speaker-celina-suarez

****

Michelle Stocker
The Triassic Did It First: Dinosaurs Converged on Earlier Reptile Body Plans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0FV3vw-9n8

https://nhmu.utah.edu/dinofest-2019-speaker-michelle-stocker

****

Randall Irmis: