[dinosaur] An etymological question

Hopefully this question isn't too off-topic for the DML considering it involves a prehistoric invertebrate, but I know some here are more knowledgeable about etymologies than I am. Something that has been bothering me in particular is the etymology of Tusoteuthis longa Logan, 1898. While the wordsÂteuthÃs (Gr. "squid")ÂandÂlonga (Lat.Â"long") are well-documented, I've never been able to find a language or meaning for tuso. Neither the original description nor any following papers contain an explanation. Does anyone know the origin of this word?