Re: [dinosaur] Agressive behavior of the T. rex

A difference would be that big crocs are very familiar with humans and regard us as tasty, vulnerable shoreline meals. A theropod might find us perplexing and be less prone to attack, but if hungry might try a person out for palatability. Which would not be good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Carr <tcarr@carthage.edu>
To: Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au>
Cc: dinosaur-l <dinosaur-l@usc.edu>; Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. <tholtz@umd.edu>
Sent: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 7:20 pm
Subject: Re: [dinosaur] Agressive behavior of the T. rex

Given that their brainpower is in the same ballpark, I suggest that extant crocodylians provide the best baseline for cutting the Gordian knot of tyrannosaurid intelligence and behavior; big salties and nilies are probably the best living analogues for tyrannosaurid aggression that we can actually observe. I wouldn't get within striking distance of either...

-TDC