Re: [dinosaur] Agressive behavior of the T. rex

Good day!

You suppose then, an adult T. rex would be capable of running/power walking at some 15 kmh (9 mph) for some two-three minutes or more? Anyway, standing still next to it would not be a good idea. And hiding inside a car would also be hopeless, as an adult T. rex could crush a standard car virtually flat with its powerful jaws and feet. Tom

Few extant predators will pass up the chance of an easy meal, and they don't come much easier than a
relatively small, slow and non-armoured primate. Although it could be argued that a human with the
technological ability to travel through time might have other technological tricks up its sleave.

A more interesting question might be how far a large adult tyrannosaur would bother chasing a human-
sized prey item before deciding it wasn't worth the energy expenditure. I suspect the answer would be
bad news for anyone other than a marathon runner.

--
Dann Pigdon